HSBC Service Delivery (Polska) Sp. z o.o.
Independent Model Review – Internship in the Algo Team
Independent Model Review (IMR) is a specialist quantitative group within the Risk department which independently validates HSBC’s models.
Model types include Asset Management models, Economic Capital models, Financial Vulnerability Models, Global Markets Trading & Hedging models, Insurance Risk models, Retail Credit Risk models, Stress Testing and Scenario Analysis models, Traded Risk Models and Wholesale Credit Risk models. This includes the traditional model types as well as modern approaches such as machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI)
IMR has a significant and well established Centre of Excellence in Krakow and we are now offering Internship opportunities for qualified Masters or PhD students and graduates. During your time spent with HSBC you will have the opportunity to work as part of a Global Function within a Global Bank and to assist in the delivery of model appraisals.
From the first day of your internship, you will be paired with a supervisor that will offer you their expertise and experience. You will also be assigned trainings that will broaden your knowledge and will help you get up to speed with your tasks and responsibilities.
- Working with large data sets, learning about financial data sources
- Assessing the relevance and reliability of the mathematical models used by HSBC’s Systematic Trading Business. These trading algorithms cover the market-making, client execution and risk management activities across HSBC globally.
- Backtesting and stress-testing analysis using statistical (data science) methodologies
- Report findings and make recommendations
Od Kandydatów oczekujemy:
- Studying towards Masters or PhD in one of the following areas: Computer Science, Physics/Mathematics/Statistics, Engineering discipline or Quantitative Finance.
- Strong programming skills (Python preferred)
- Working knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Knowledge of database query languages (SQL, q/KDB+) would be a plus.
- Strong communication skills in English (spoken and written) are essential.
- Availability 30h - 40h weekly.
- Unique opportunity to learn about Algorithmic Trading
- 3 months paid internship in a professional team and international environment
- The opportunity to be part of a leading Centre of excellence where a dynamic learning environment thrives career-path in an international organization,
To apply for this position please send your curriculum vitae and a cover letter in English using email, including the name of the position:
Applications sent to us will be taken into consideration only if they include the following statement:
“I hereby declare that I have familiarized myself with the Privacy Statement for Applicants published at http://www.about.hsbc.pl/careers and I hereby give consent for personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of recruitment in HSBC Service Delivery (Polska) Sp. z o. o. according to rules described in the Privacy Statement for Applicants, as per the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (GDPR).”
In case you would like to resign from participation in recruitment process or withdraw previously sent to us application, please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org