Internship as Web Data Engineer (Evidence Lab)
Are you an analytic thinker? Do you learn best through reverse-engineering? We’re looking for someone like that who would like to:
- build efficient and robust web scraping solutions
- innovate by identifying quicker, better, easier ways to mine data off the internet
- work closely with business analysts and fellow team members to find interesting sources and channels of relevant data
- design and build new data pipelines and maintain existing ones.
Od Kandydatów oczekujemy:
- inquisitive character, sharp mind and great attention to detail
- university degree (or in progress), preferably in a IT or data analysis related field
- knowledge of Browser - Web Server interaction including DNS, HTTP, JSON, REST
- an ability to think outside of the box and solve abstract, ill-defined problems
- demonstrated ability to propose and implement new solutions or ideas
- administration or creation of Web Servers or Web Services is a plus (however not required)
- very good in written and spoken English
- detail and goal oriented
- full of energy and able to handle tough technical issues and drive effective solutions
- a team player willing to learn / share solutions and best practices from your colleagues.
You’ll be working in the UBS Evidence Lab's team in Zabierzow (Krakow Business Park). Evidence Lab is one of the most innovative and highly regarded teams in UBS Investment Bank. We specialize in various analytical techniques including web harvesting, geospatial, social media, market research, and supply chain. We are looking for talented engineers to build, design, and experiment with next generation web harvesting techniques including a state of art big data web harvesting system.
Your paid internship will last 3 months with a possibility of extension, based on 30-40 hours per week.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
What we offer
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now
Apply now on ubs.com/polandcareers